Sunday, November 15, 2015

Bailey's Baptism

Hello all!

It snowed for the first time since April or May. It has been getting colder and colder and I hear it is going to be a big winter for Colorado this year. It supposed to snow again on Wednesday or Tuesday. Elder Hodson and I had a busy week. We have been going to a lot of meetings and doing a lot of administrative stuff. But I was able to attend Bailey's baptism! I gave a talk on baptism right before he was baptized by a member. His non-member dad was there as well and he seemed to enjoy it. I will remember Bailey for the rest of my life. The ward I am now serving in is excellent. They have a "how can I help" attitude and we get fed quite often, almost every night. We attended ward counsel yesterday and they were giving us people to see left and right. We found 2 new investigators and they seem to be progressing really well. We are working with a part-member family that's not married yet. He is 22 and been less-active for a while. She is 21 and they have a little baby. She was very receptive to our message and she accepted baptism as well. The bishop said he will visit them in the week and talk to they about getting married. Our ward mission leader is also very on top of things. 

Last Monday Elder Hodson and I were able to go mountain biking with a 17 year old youth. He struggles with activity but we are trying to make a better relationship with him. It was also the first time I really got to use my bike like I did back home since I got it in the mail. Elder Hodson is trying to stay effective. It is a little hard for him since he goes home in 4 weeks. Things are going pretty well here. Glad to hear you all are having fun as well. I Hope everything will continue to go well. I'll talk to you next week! 

Love,

            Elder Rodriguez



No comments:

Post a Comment