Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring is here!

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are doing well. It got to 81 yesterday and I loved it! I am really glad the cold is over for a while. This week was pretty good. I went on exchanges with my district leader and we had a fun FHE night. We played pudding Pictionary. Elder Merrill, the sister missionaries and I all spoke in sacrament meeting yesterday and it went pretty well. That was the first time I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting so far. The ward I'm serving in is a lot bigger than the mar vista ward and Elder Merrill and I have been meeting a lot of people. It is the same as any other YSA Ward; there are people that don't like each other, there are clicks and stuff. But it is really fun and all the returned missionaries really want to help us. 

 Since Elder Merrill and I can only teach people between the ages of 18 and 30, it seems that everybody we find we have to pass off. We had a last teaching appointment with our only investigator on Saturday morning with the other elders in our zone. He is 33 and the YSA age stops at 30 so we had to pass him on.
 At least we are still doing the work. Today is Zone P-Day so we get to do stuff with the sisters. We still haven’t decided what we are going to do yet. Last night Elder Merrill and I made a cake that was cool. The last elders that lived in our apartment left a lot of food behind.

We had the opportunity to go to the temple this past Wednesday and I saw my ward mission leader from Arvada. It was nice to see him and his wife again. So this is the last week of Transfers and I will find out what is going to happen Saturday night. Like always there is a possibility that I might get transferred next Monday.

There are a lot of missionary minded people in the ward that want to help us, which is always helpful. One of my Zone leaders is going home tomorrow for medical reasons. So there is a possibility that the other zone leader will be with us in a trio for the rest of the week. Nothing much is new here. My companion and I are healthy and we are doing well. Until next time.

Love,


Elder Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment