Saturday, March 14, 2015

5 Months!

Hello Everybody,
Hope you are all doing great! The work in my ward is definitely moving. We are seeing more less-actives and we even got a brand new investigator! This past week just flew by so fast! And yeah I just hit my 5 month mark and man it has gone by so fast! It also feels exactly like 5 months at the same time. On Wednesday I went on exchanges with one of my zone leaders. His name is Elder Klafke and he is a 23 year old from Las Vegas. He is so freakin awesome. I had so much fun being with him. Since we are in the YSA Ward, we have the entire Parker Zone and we only get to teach YSA aged people which is unfortunate. We ask members for referrals, go see potential investigators from other missionaries that served in our ward, and of course we tract a lot as well. 

We have a lot of YSA activities during the week. We had FHE, Institute, Game Night, and a Karaoke activity. The sisters in our ward sang a Pocahontas song and Elder Merrill and I sang "let it go." It was really fun. On Saturday, we decided we will go to the skate park for an hour and see if we can find some people. In the first few minutes a few high school skaters came up to us and one of them said "I worship satan." Later on I had an idea come to mind and I counseled with Elder Merrill. We decided in order to connect with them we would hold a little competition. We told them who ever does the coolest trick based on our judgment will receive $10. It totally worked. They started talking to us and opening up. 

We had our first ward counsel yesterday and it went well. We still haven’t met the ward mission leader yet unfortunately. We don’t know if we will ever meet him this transfer. He has a busy work schedule.

So one of the office staff members said that we might have IPads by June. They have been saying we will get them for a long time. But I hope we will get them soon.  I have learned so much the past 5 months and am still learning. Time fly’s so fast. I love President Moson's quote "Find joy in the journey, NOW." I have grown and learned to find joy in the journey of the hard times on the mission so far.

Take care,


Love, Elder Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment