Tuesday, October 4, 2016

September 26th

Hello! 

Last full week in the mission field. Last transfer the office called all the returning missionaries and asked which airport they would like to fly into. This week was pretty good. We didn't teach as many people as we would have liked but we still taught many lessons. We are working with a ton of part member families in both of our areas. Those families are gold mines for the Arapahoe Stake. 

The English Classes have been going great. There is a lot of support and service form the members of the stake. The classes will now be moved to another church building in Aurora, where there is a much more concentrated refugee population. I have been to that church building and it is kind of a rough area. The classes will start again next transfer so Saturday was my last time. One of the members took all the missionaries out to lunch as well.

We are working with a part member family in one of the wards we cover and the husband is not a member. He does marketing for Mucle Pharm, a protein brand, and he was so kind as to give us a ton of free stuff. Sometimes I feel like a spoiled missionary, lol. We went on exchanges with another set of Elders on Wednesday. I was able to go with an Elder named Elder Long. He is from Hemet Califonia and he goes home 6 weeks after I do. We did a lot of finding this week like always. Finding which consists of knocking doors, street contacting, and talking to people, will be something I will miss a lot. The more people you find the more people you can teach. 

It's pretty crazy to think I go home so soon. I had a lot of members yesterday tell me good bye and good luck. The wards I serve in now have been great. I will miss a lot of great members and families from these areas.

I think it's pretty cool to have 5 general conference's on a mission. I still remember when I was in a huge auditorium in the MTC watching it with all the full time missionaries preparing to enter the mission field with me. We will be watching a couple of sessions with members this weekend. I hope you all have a great week!

Love Elder Rodriguez


No comments:

Post a Comment