Tuesday, October 4, 2016

September 19th

Hello!

Happy Monday! P-Days are just too busy for us now. There are 6 companionships in the zone and only 3 of them have cars. So we have to pick a companionship up and haul them around where ever we go. We wish we could have some time to play sports or something but we always run out of time. Our appointments went well. Almost all of them went through. We were so busy last week and we found a couple of new investigators. We have been setting up appointments like crazy too. We will ask our investigators and less actives when we can meet and they tell us when. That is very unusual for this area because it didn't happen the past 3 months but it's happening now.

We have an investigator named Sean Dunlop who is probably one of our top progressing investigators. He is married to a less active who has 5 kids of her own. And Sean has 4 kids of his own. They all live in the same house so it gets pretty crazy. He is a very busy person but he is also lazy when it comes to Church attendance and keeping commitments. If he were to do those two things he probably would be baptized by now. He's hard to pin down to get lessons but we are making slow progress with him.

The English classes are going great. We haven't been teaching yet, we have been doing the interview process but we were told we will be teaching this Saturday. Last week we had people from Iraq, Ethiopia, and Mexico. The emergency transfer went well. The companionships seem to be getting along ok now, and I was happy to see one of my past areas again. We had my last zone meeting on Wednesday and that was great. We were able to go on exchanges with the AP's on Thursday. I went with Elder Sekona. He is a huge football player from Hawaii and he goes home the transfer after I do so I have known him my whole mission. It was a fun day with him.  

This week will be more of a normal week. There won’t be any big meetings or anything like that. It's crazy to think I only have two and a half weeks left. I'm trying to stay as consecrated as I can to sprint to the finish line. 
The weather has cooled down a little bit this week but then it got really hot Sunday and today. I'm kinda ready for winter when I go home as well. I'll be sad not to see any snow. But I am excited to come home!


Love, Elder Rodriguez





No comments:

Post a Comment