Sunday, May 22, 2016

Trunky

Happy Monday everyone!

This week was an ok week. We didn't teach as much as we would have liked, but it was still a good week. Thursday we did service at a place called Growing Home with a set of sister missionaries. We started painting an office room and that was pretty fun. On Saturday we moved into Brother and Sister Deters home. Every 6 months the Elders rotate homes between Sister Ellis and the Deters. Brother Deters used to be a counselor in the Stake Presidency and they are wonderful people. We had to pack Friday night and get everything cleaned up. 

Saturday the Young Women had a fundraiser to go Girls Camp. They had a pasta bar and silent auction. It was pretty fun and the young woman made so much money. I was able to get a snowboard and boots for $10. It's a pretty nice snow board too. The lady who donated it said she had to get rid of it because she doesn't snowboard anymore. Yesterday we had to meet with the Stake President to give an update on the missionary work in the zone and that went well. This Wednesday we are going to the Temple for the first time in 3 months. Desert Book is always a fun place to go to afterwards. 

My mission has definitely meant the world to me. Every day I look at the now capped mountains an think that home is on the other side. Now that I have 5 more months left I am doing all I can to work harder and hasten the Lords work. When October 5th comes around I definitely won’t want to come home but at the same time I definitely will.  I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Love,


Elder Rodriguez








No comments:

Post a Comment