Friday, July 24, 2015

Week 4 of transfers!

Hi Everyone!

This week was our best week yet as far as teaching. We are really getting the hang of things and building ward trust. Yesterday we had a missionary theme for sacrament meeting. Elder Wakeham, one of the sisters, a ward missionary and our ward mission leader spoke and it was a great service. Our ward mission leader is very supportive and super nice. Remember that super funny family that feeds us all the time? His wife was gone at work and his son was gone at scout camp but they offered to feed us 3 days in a row. It was just the 3 of us but it was very kind of him and we enjoyed it. They love the missionaries and they make sure we are fed. They are by far my favorite family in the ward. 

Elder Wakeham's attitude has gotten worse. He does not want to work, He will not do planning or studies, and sleeps in til 9 or 10am. I am dragging him around everywhere we go. I take the lead in every single lesson and he really doesn't care. He even said himself to other missionaries "I really don't care anymore". I pray for him every night and I do what I can to help him but I honestly don't see him changing in his last 3 weeks. President gave us permission to go to a baptism that he would have had. It was all the way up in Arvada where I started my mission. It brought back so many memories going back to my old church building. The baptism was in a different ward in the stake but I did see and said hi to a member of my ward while I was there. I was a great service. The sisters that we share the ward with had a baptism as well. Since I am the district leader I had my first baptismal interview with a 10 year old and he and his sister got baptized by bishop in a river on Saturday.

This next week is going to be crazy tomorrow is zone meeting and I am giving training on Integrity. Wednesday is a Mission wide meeting for 1,001 Baptisms for 2015. I have 2 other baptismal interviews that I have to conduct this week as well. Time is really flying here in the mission it is already week 4 this transfer. We are actually getting more dinners now. We have every single day covered this week except Saturday and Sunday. Other than Elder Wakeham, things are getting better little by little. I hope you all are well.

Love,

                        Elder Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment