Thursday, October 16, 2014

Arriving in Colorado!

Hi Everybody,

I've made it to Colorado safely and have arrived at my residence. My new companion is Elder Timothy from Chandler Arizona. He has been out for a little over 13 months. He is a very good companion and a really good missionary. I know he will train me well.

The weather here is kind of like Provo except it is just a little colder. I don't think I will absolutely be needing my coat right now, but I will definitely be getting it soon. To be honest, I feel like my residence is Grandma Gravley's house. The weather, the town and everything just reminds me of her house. But my companion and I live with a single sister named Sister Morales and she is very nice. She has a couple of kids but she and her husband got divorced. There is also an exchanged student from Saudi Arabia that lives with us as well. I had my first dinner appointment last night with a member family.

I am doing well and am glad to be starting my "real" mission now. My first area is a place called Arvada, Colorado and the people I have met so far seem really nice. My Zone leaders and AP's are very nice and loving as well. President and Sister Mendenhall are such great and loving people. Sister Mendenhall is a nurse so we are in good hands.

The President and AP's picked us up at the airport and took us to the mission home. We ate lunch there and met our new companions. Then Elder Timothy and I had to make some arrangements with our car and luggage along with other Elders and then we got to work. My District family and I have gone our own ways with our new companions and I hope I can see them again sometime.

Until next week,


Elder Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment